“Magic Forest” is an online art journal class taught by artist Cristin Stevenson.
In this class, we will create our very own Magic Forest themed art journal from a repurposed vintage book.
We will play with colors that we love and find inspiring, we will explore textures, collage, composition, drawing and mixed media tricks.
The techniques that you will learn will help springboard your imagination as we adventure through your own Magic Forest.
We will work with mixed media – from acrylic, watercolor, paint markers, unique texture mediums, stencils and inks, we shall create with reckless abandon!
(And we might even pull in an oracle deck for inspiration in our journal…. )
WHAT YOU GET:
- Instant access to the downloadable PDF with all of the information you need for the class. All of the links are available in the PDF, however there is also a link to a protected classroom, and a curated Spotify playlist to listen to while you art!
- The Magic Forest Digital Zines (Full & Coloring Version)
- The ‘Magic Forest’ class features 9 lesson videos, (6 mixed media art journaling lessons and 3 bonus lessons – including how to create your own journal) with over 5 hours of recorded content!
- All videos are accessed via a private link and password that are good for a FULL YEAR from the time of purchase… however, you can also download the content to your computer, and have LIFETIME access! (I recommend downloading with an external hard drive as the video sizes can be quite large.)
- Access a private ‘Magic Forest’ Facebook group where you can share your artwork, ask questions and interact with your classmates!
Recommended Supply List:
Supplies to create a journal, or a journal with watercolor paper to work in
Gesso, Ink sprays, a few stencils you love, matte medium, modeling paste, acrylic paint/paint pens, washi tape, white pen.
There are other supplies used in the class, and full supply lists for each lesson are provided in the PDF. I also encourage you to substitute supplies as needed.