This week has been pretty incredible in my neck of the woods.
I live in Saint Joseph, Missouri and we were in the path of totality for the 2017 Total Solar Eclipse! It ended up raining here, and it was very cloudy at my house so I couldn’t actually see the sun, but I did see it go completely dark! – Incredible.
Today, I’m creating a quick and easy project to commemorate the experience.
- Artistcellar Series Stencils – Quasicrystals
- Artistcellar Series Stencils – Cathedral Plans
- Artistcellar Series Stencils – Sacred Geometry 2
- DecoArt Media Mister – Carbon Black
- DecoArt Media Mister – White
- DecoArt Media Mister – Purple
- DecoArt Media Mister – Violet
- Adirondack Color Wash Spray – Butterscotch
- Tattered Angels Chalkboard Spray – White
- Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists – Cross My Heart, Partridge in a Pear Tree, and Pomegranate
- Mona Lisa – Gold Leaf
- Gold Leaf Adhesive
- Gold Leaf Sealer
- Uniball Signo UM-153
First I started by adding a layer of black mister to my matte board, then I sprayed the color mists throughout.
When dry, I put down a layer of stencils and went crazy with the mists!
The board was really wet now, so I dried it and then used my gesso tubs to trace circles. 5 of them to be exact.
Finally, I added some of the Gold Leaf adhesive with a brush and let it dry for about 3 minutes. It goes on milky, but when ready it is clear. Next, I laid down sheets of gold leaf over the adhesive and used a soft brush to brush away the excess.
To finish, I added some of the sealer over the gold leaf and added lyrics from Pink Floyd’s “Eclipse” with Uniball Signo UM-153 pen.